Thursday, January 31, 2008

Maastricht: May 21st-24th!

The North Sea! The Mauritshuis in The Hague
Part of the original wall surrounding Maastricht... I love this photo


Class went well this week… Thursday was already the Midterm… not sure how I feel about a 4 week class! On Monday a bunch of us went shopping… I bought nutella! Yes it is delicious! I have to say, shopping in Maastricht is quite wonderful! The shops are endless, and everything seems so much more fashionable and put together! I spent money, but I love clothes… oops! That evening we watched the movie Girl with a Pearl Earring, and I also caught up on Gilmore Girls and The Office in the computer lab… I love those shows, and it was great me time. Tuesday = Field trip day! We woke up far too early and headed to The Hague! We went to the International Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, where we were debriefed and then got to watch part of the trail. Not that it’s neat, but it was quite interesting! Afterwards we went to the art museum and saw Girl with a Pearl Earring. I enjoyed the Art museum, but my favorite part of the day was the time we spent on the beach of the North Sea. It was quite cold, but the sea is very serene to me. We did some shopping, and drank some hot chocolate and coffee, it was a great day. Wednesday was nothing too exciting, but plans are finalized for Switzerland! I’m stoked!

No comments: