Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reactions to traveling from Chicago, Illinois to Maastricht, The Netherlands

Me, Kevin, and Ryan on the trip to Maastricht
The Swiss Alps from the plane!

Well it was definitely a long trip! I left my house around 11 am and didn’t arrive in Maastricht till around 3:30 the next day! (sure 7 hours of that is because of time change… but still!) We flew from O’hare to Milan, then had a shorter ride from Milan to Amsterdam, and really the plane rides didn’t seem as long as I thought they’d be. I was just so excited! I wish I would have had a window seat! Since I didn’t sleep much during the some 10 hours of flying, I pretty much passed out on the 3 hour bus ride from Amsterdam to Maastricht, which was unfortunate because I missed yet more scenery! Before we left, I was a little nervous about traveling, but the only time I felt at all confused or nervous is when we changed planes in Milan. It was just a little disorienting for everything to be in another language, and I was afraid that I wouldn’t get on the right plane or that I might do something else silly. When we got to Maastircht and then to Teikyo, the university where we were staying, I was a little groggy, but a sense of excitement took over. As a group we went for a walk around Maastricht and everything just seemed so surreal. We all sat down at an outdoor cafĂ©, and I drank a wonderful mango smoothie! I am not sure I talked much during the couple hours we were walking… I just couldn’t stop looking around! I love this town!

Maastrict

No comments: